"Additionally, unlike most companies for which compensation data is only available for the named executive officers, Equilar provides us with compensation data for the top 25 employees of the above named and other public companies, which allows us to more effectively compare the total compensation of our officer positions to employees with similar titles and job responsibilities."
US Concrete Inc (USCR) March, 2012
"For our decisions with respect to 2011 executive compensation, we collected and reviewed compensation survey data from Equilar, Inc. or the 'Equilar Survey,' from which we obtained aggregated compensation data from survey responses by companies in multiple industries for various employee positions, including positions comparable to those held by our named executive officers."
From VERSO PAPER Proxy Filing, April, 2012
Unlike publicly available Top 5 pay data, reliable senior management pay information is often difficult to obtain. Equilar’s Executive Compensation Survey provides trusted and reliable market information. By applying the same methods of capturing SEC data, the Executive Compensation Survey facilitates companies in effectively benchmarking their senior leadership’s compensation.
The Equilar Executive Compensation Survey completes the pay picture for your entire executive team. With over 1,000 participants, the survey combines data from a diversified set of companies of all sizes and growth stages. Now, companies can quickly analyze compensation for division heads, general counsels, HR executives, and other key executive positions.
To ensure the highest data quality, submissions are reviewed by a team of experienced Equilar Research Analysts. Following a rigorous U.S. Department of Justice Safe Harbor compliance policy, Equilar provides a safe and secure method of gathering, aggregating, and analyzing sensitive compensation information.
- Over 1,000 companies participated last year
- 55% of the Fortune 100
- 37% of Fortune 1000
- 20% of the Russell 3000
- Canadian and other foreign firms: In 2011, we experienced a dramatic increase of foreign firms wanting to participate in our Executive Compensation Survey. Our data has been an important piece in evaluating global trends and staying on top of global and local peers.
- Private companies: Private firms participate and leverage our Executive Compensation Survey to make sure their executives' pay packages are competitive compared to other companies of similar size and scope.
Why Participate in the Survey?
As a benefit to participants and subscribers, Equilar produces industry-specific publications to provide an unbiased assessment of the trends and compensation practices most relevant to you.
Participation in the survey includes two complimentary reports from a selection of more than 20 reports organized by trends, industry, and size. As part of our commitment to data privacy, only Executive Compensation Survey participants are eligible to access the Executive Compensation Survey database.
How to Participate
Fast and Secure Participation Process
- Complete the fastest survey in the industry in hours instead of days
- Participate through secure online tool or protected offline spreadsheet
- Access training webinars and assistance from Equilar survey analysts
Why Subscribe to the Equilar Survey Database
Are you looking for custom survey data cuts on your industry, peer group or particular position? Consider subscribing to our online Survey module. With an Equilar Survey subscription, you can access, sort, and catalog all of this data, as well as read all of our reports based on the Executive Compensation Survey.
Only way to access full survey data: As part of our commitment to data privacy, only survey participants are eligible to access the Executive Compensation Survey database.
In addition to accessing all complimentary data available to participants, survey subscribers receive a complete set of customized Total Compensation Reports, as well as unlimited, customizable reporting through our online tool.
Full Integration and Standard Reporting with Online Tool
- Blend survey results with proxy information to provide a single data source
- Apply consistent valuation methodology across data sources
- March 4 — Online Entry Tool Available
- May 1 — Effective Date of the Survey Data
- July 19 — Submission Deadline
- August 5 — Survey Results Available in Equilar's Total Compensation Report
- August 26 — Executive Compensation Survey Summary Reports Available
If you have any additional questions either: